Here you get the best deal possible.
I've been on the hunt for a solid single blade pocket knife for a hit minute since losing my Kershaw blade a while back and them discontinuing the specific model I really loved. So when I spotted this one, I was stoked to see it a similar narrow profile, simple design, and a FAT blade that already drew me in. The make of the knife is top notch with a titanium handle and a S35VN steel blade. Haven't put it into action quite yet, but already can tell that it'll stand up to whatever I decide to put it through. So far, it's the most handsome knife I own.
First the positives:
* Top materials (Ti handle, S35VN Blade)
* Great blade, comes very sharp out of the box and slicey due to the flawless hollow grind
* just the right size for EDC
* exceptionally good fit and finish, solid as a rock, absolutely zero blade play, the framelock works perfectly fine
So why not five stars? There are three points that do bother me:
* that might be just me, but the flipper tab is hard to operate for me - yes the way it is placed makes the design flush and nothing protrudes from the knife but i find it hard to use without hurting my finger
* the handle is too bulky and heavy, the ratio handle to blade is not great when compared to two knives of similar "boxy" design and size, the WESN Allman and the WE Banter - both have slimmer and lighter handles with better ergonomics
* and last, the ergonomics - the recess for the framelock basically forces the index finger to go in there, and that is too far away from the blade, basically wasting half an inch of handle length - in comparison on the Allman it is half of that, and the Banter wastes basically no space at all
All in all, not a bad knife, but considering the price, somewhat underwhelming in design (but definitly not in construction).
I backed the Kickstarter campaign over the Summer and was ecstatic to find it was shipping a month earlier than initially expected.
Since I’ve gotten my hands on this knife it hasn’t left my EDC and I don’t see it leaving my daily carry for a long time (if ever).
The S35VN blade has held its edge well. I’ve done monthly maintenance on the knife, making sure it stays sharp and adding a small amount of pivot lube to the bearing for smooth operating.
Thanks for making a great quality product!
This knife is actually pretty good. Well thought out design. Movement is really good. Deep pocket carry clip is a good idea. The size fits a pouch perfectly or a leather organizer. Highly recommend the Ti knife for any knife fans collections. The blade shape makes for a good box cutter. I should put my thoughts in full on a video for YouTube.
Just received my new Ti Pocket Knife in the post today. Took a little while to get to Australia (think that was customs fault as they apparently inspected it!) but it was definitely worth the wait. I’m a big fan of titanium so this knife is perfect…love the simplistic design, the feel of it & the oh so smooth action. Had a bit of trouble getting it to open with a satisfying click when I first took it out of the box but that’s on the user - after a bit of practice & a rewatch of Brantley’s video, I now have to agree with his statement that the knife is super “snappy.” I can see myself opening this knife a LOT - defs has the fidget factor happening. So in summary, the Ti pocket knife looks classy, feels light & smooth in the hand, is well thought out, perfectly balanced & fun to fidget with. In short it is Tiriffic! It also arrived super sharp...I’m yet to use it but know it will be good. Great work Big Idea Design Team. These guys are also an absolute pleasure to deal with…the kind of customer service they provide is outstanding. They’ve definitely won me over as a customer. I’ve put in several orders & this one wont be the last. :)
Thank you so much, Caroline!